[haiku-development] Decorator Changes

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:02:24 -0500

This is primarily directed at Clemens...

Before we begin, I should show you how I used Stack&Tile in my PhOSDecorator .. super-simple:

SATDecorator is a public DefaultDecorator... I changed it to being a a public PhOSDecorator.

That was it.  Sweet & simple ;-)

Now, with Stack & Tile decorator moved into the app_server I'm assuming this will be replacing the Default decorator??

So what method is to be preferred for inheriting S&T functionality in newly minted decorators?

My intentions are to create a full-featured universal decorator base from which anyone can create any type of decorator with relative ease (so I can make most any mockup real in just a few hours). In doing my decorator base will support memory sharing between each window (will be owned by the add-on itself), which requires further modification of the app_server - so I need to know where we're going, basically...

Thanks!

--The loon