[haiku-development] Re: Dead keys in Keymap?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 17:14:34 -0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yep. The problem is that the US-International should have these keys as dead keys (It does on Linux, for example) and only some are really dead keys on the Haiku version. So I can not really write in proper Portuguese under Haiku right now.

If the US-International keymap is wrong, please go ahead and fix it!

My pleasure, as long as someone points me to documentation on how to make a key a dead key. :)

Say I have a key 0xaa (this is a random value), how would I make it be interpreted as a dead key instead of a normal key that just prints its character?

I asked this once (I wanted to fix it), but didn't get any definitive answer.

-Bruno