[haiku-development] Custom Display Resolutions?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 03:51:45 -0800

Happy News!  For the very first time I have succeeded in running Haiku
on real hardware.  Before now I always had to use VirtualBox.

However, my LCD monitor is 1400 by 900, but the closest resolution
available in the Screen prefs is 1280 by 1024.  Is there a way I can
get it to 1400 by 900?

The 1280 by 1024 does work, but the text is a little blurry.

The machine has some Intel desktop motherboard.  The Display controller is:

  Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller

There are two of these:

device/type 0x3
device/subtype 0x0
device/interface 0x0
device/vendor 0x8086
device/id 0x2e22

device/type 0x3
device/subtype 0x80
device/interface 0x0
device/vendor 0x8086
device/id 0x2e23

Despite two controllers showing up in Devices, there is only one DVI
plug on the motherboard, and no VGA.

Keep Up The Good Work!

Mike
--