[haiku-development] Re: Current and future Haiku development

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:16:01 +0100

On 20.02.2012 14:26, Jerry wrote:
A few days ago a disturbing remark appeared on Haikuware:

"Haiku is pretty much dead IMO. Most core developers don't commit
anything anymore. It's not like it once was."
(http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/development/language/yab)

I find this rather unsettling. Is there any truth in it? Does anyone
care to comment?

It happens from time to time that everyone is busy with real life, although it's true that it hasn't been as bad as it currently is. That doesn't have to mean anything, though; personally, I definitely plan to try to increase my Haiku time in the coming weeks/months again, although I might not be as successful there as I hope, it can only get better than the last few weeks (due to moving flats).

By the way, is there any schedule for the next Haiku release?

If you monitor some other thread, we're currently working on that.

Bye,
   Axel.