[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:55:09 +0100

John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> My whole argument is predicated on the
> fact that RMB drags are poor UI for the reasons I've listed
> previously.

I think that to use BeOS/Haiku well, learning about RMB-dragging is
essential. It's not just resizing after all... For example
copy/move/link in the Tracker can be done easily with RMB-drag. Or
another example is file-format conversion from ShowImage-snippets.
It might be a bit unusual when coming from another system where RMB-
drag is rarely used, but it is consistent and not _that_ hard to see -
it's just dragging with the other button.

--
So long, Julian