[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:52:05 -0500

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Julian Harnath
> <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I agree, I use the move-with-border feature constantly and wouldn't
>> like to see it gone. Maybe make it configurable and disabled by
>> default, but I'd be against removing it altogether...
>
> Same here, I'd hate to see this behavior go away. In general I really
> don't see why we constantly have to be changing everything to be more
> like other OSes.

I am not going to be able to please everyone, someone is going to be
disappointed even if it's me. I really didn't mean to copy another OS
I just thought that resizing by the border seemed like a good idea.
Isn't moving the window by it's border made redundant by the ctrl+alt
window management?

I don't want to mess with one of Haiku's sacred cows, is the current
window border behavior sacrosanct?

Thanks for listening again,
John Scipione