[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:41:42 -0500 EST

John Scipione wrote on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:02:22 -0500:
> I'm not 100% sure what to do with the Window tab. Right now the window
> tab performs no action acting like it were outside the window (which
> it technically is), but I could see it perhaps performing a move
> action instead.

In BeOS, dragging the tab quite conveniently moves the window (I find
it useful).  I'd prefer to have it keep on working in Haiku.

Also in BeOS, dragging the window edges quite annoyingly moves the
window (happens unexpectedly due to user inaccuracy when dragging
things in the window that are near the edge, such as files in Tracker
windows).  Only the lower right corner does resizing in BeOS.

Still, if accidents can happen like in BeOS, is there a way of
canceling the resize?  Maybe the window zoom/maximize button can
switch to the old size?  Or hitting ESC while doing the resize
could cancel it?  Or does any other OS have a way of doing a cancel
that we can borrow?  Though canceling a resize (or move) would
be new non-BeOS functionality and may be better to worry about
after R1.

- Alex