[haiku-development] Re: Cross-building the locale kit : problem with some headers

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:25:40 +0200

On 2009-04-13 at 13:21:06 [+0200], Adrien <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did some more tests and eventually figured out the problem.
> I put USES_BE_API on <build>liblocale_build.so = true ; in my jamfile.
> However, this is propagated to the cpp files used by the library. As
> these files are also used by the native liblocale.so, when compiling
> the native one both host- and haiku-side things get included, which
> causes all the mess.

That's actually not correct. The USES_BE_API flag is propagated to the
object (not the source) files.

> I will have to copy all the cpp files to another
> folder (let's say lib_host) to get them really independant. Or, please
> tell me if there is another way to avoid that :)

That won't be necessary. The problem is in your Jamfile. One can't easily
compile the same source file multiple times from the same Jamfile, since
the both the source and the object targets will clash. The easiest way
around is to do that from two different Jamfiles.

If the locale kit is supposed to become a regular Haiku kit, I wouldn't
choose this directory layout anyway. I'd move the sources to
src/kits/locale, headers to headers/os/locale, and build the host platform
library in src/build/liblocale.

CU, Ingo