[haiku-development] Re: Creating or porting an IDE [was Re: What's the status of Haiku?]

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:49:33 -0400

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Edward Robbins
<edd.robbins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, this is just hypothetical, so: If everything is going to be in separate
> windows can they at least be dockable or with a parent window, or at least
> have this configurable?

I definitely agree with you on that. Fortunately Haiku as a system has
that covered pretty well with Stack and Tile:

http://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/gui.html#stack-tile

I'm not sure where Stack and Tile is as far as an API so that by
default an IDE (or whatever) is tiled properly when launched, but
conceptually it is definitely possible to have a bunch of docked
windows.

--
Regards,
Ryan