[haiku-development] Coverity scan of Haiku code is ready for prime time

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 23:07:36 -0700

Just want to inform all the developers that I believe we are ready to
go "prime time" with the Coverity scan now.

The most recent scan submitted (r27211) has been posted and Axel and
Ingo have both had a chance to check it out and even fix a couple
issues (I think you'll see them marked CID # in the commit logs).

Unfortunately, Coverity currently requires separate logins for
developers who wish to view and update issues - and at the moment
these accounts can only be created by Coverity themselves.

We will try and setup an account for readonly access to the Coverity
scans soon, but in the meantime we can setup accounts for all devs who
have commit access. These developer accounts will allow viewing and
updating of issues in Coverity's system directly, and so we'd like to
limit them to developers who have commit access at this time.

If you'd like an account created, please email me privately
(umccullough@xxxxxxxxx) with the username and email address that you'd
like to be registered with, and you will receive your temporary
password once your account has been created by Coverity's admins.

Remember, we should hopefully have a readonly account shortly as well
so that others can take a look at the results for themselves.

We do not yet have the scans automated, and the current revision
posted (Run #3) is still r27211 from two weeks ago. I will be
submitting another scan tonight or tomorrow and we are already working
on the details to automate the process as well.

- Urias McCullough