[haiku-development] Re: Couple of questions about PM

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:58:40 +0200

Il 08/10/13 00:48, Ingo Weinhold ha scritto:
I guess that this website shows the "bad checkbox" depending to the
user agent.

Folks, please stop those silly arguments. If the website has been
compromised, you simply shouldn't trust any content from it.

Nope, the website has not been compromised - it's just how it's intended to work, like many other similar sites. They give you their "downloader" which is essentially a spyware full with ads and nearly impossible to remove, but completely legal because of the clause "by clicking download you agree to use our downloader". The checkbox appears only in Windows because of course they developed it only for Windows.

Nowadays this kind of cr*p is used also by several respectful websites, they're only a little less evil.

--
Gabriele