[haiku-development] Re: Coordinating ports (#2)

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:38:12 +0200

Hi Koki and Ryan,

Am 21.04.2008 um 20:52 schrieb Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki):

Andreas Färber wrote:
b) How should somewhat-working ports be annouced for users to test?
I decided not to bother this list, so I announced git on IRC; I for
one do not seem to have permission to post blog entries on haiku- os.org.

To be honest, I am not sure if there is any criteria for write access to
the blogs on the website. I think it would be a good idea to have at
least some guidelines, so that people know what to expect.

At least when it comes to developers, it would seem to me that those who
have gained write access to SVN could be setup to be able to blog if
they want to. Does that sound reasonable?

I just mentioned it because that's where Niels made his announcement, in addition to the list. If it's not okay for non-developers to have blog rights, then that's fine with me. Just trying to figure out the best way to handle this!

Andreas