[haiku-development] Re: Connecting HAIKU to (local) network

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:36:16 +0200

Hallo Arnold,

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 22:22:04 +0200, Arnold wrote:

It is either a Accton EN2242 Series MiniPCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Well, I have succeeded compiling and testing dec21143 driver ("dc" from FreeBSD 8.2). Please try it on your hardware:

http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/dec21143.r42366-gcc2.gz
http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/dec21143.r42366-gcc4.gz

just uncompress corresponding (gcc2 or gcc4) driver version to your

~/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin

directory, go to

~/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/net/

and make a symlink

ln -s ../../bin/dec21143

Note that you have to make any required directories if they are not exist. In case of unsuccessful boot - press the Shift during the next reboot of system, go to start menu and load with disabled user-addons and remove driver binaries. In case of success please send me compressed system log /var/log/syslog. Thanks and good luck!

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski