[haiku-development] Re: Connecting HAIKU to (local) network

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:59:44 +0200

2011/7/7 Siarhei Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>:
> Hallo, Arnold
>
>> > Well, I have succeeded compiling and testing dec21143 driver ("dc" from
>> > FreeBSD 8.2). Please try it on your hardware:
>> >
>> > http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/dec21143.r42366-gcc2.gz
>> > http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/dec21143.r42366-gcc4.gz
>> >
>> > just uncompress corresponding (gcc2 or gcc4) driver version to your
>
>> I copied the .gz files to the designation location and then unpacked.
>
> The driver binary must correspond to the system version (gcc2 or gcc4). So
> you need to try only one of them. Looks like gcc2 is your case.
>
>> gcc2 version OK. gcc4 version: KDL -> restart computer.
>
> What does it mean "OK" here? Have you connected to the network successfuly
> and recived correct ip address and settings from the DHCP?
>
> ---
> Kind Regards
>  S.Žharski
>
> --
> NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren!

Hi,

OK meant that unpacking this version was successful. I then unpacked
the gcc4 also expecting that I should move this one out of the way
while testing the gcc2 version. Unfortunately HAIKU went into KDL
doing the unpacking. So I had to reboot. But rebooting the fresh HAIKU
os on partition 2 without a bootloader is not selfsupported. I decided
to test BootManager from HAIKU. This works but before testing the
network I tested booting WinMe from Bootmanager. After that I decided
to switch to Plop bootloader. This didn't load HAIKU. So retried to
get Bootmanager loaded. But now I am stuck in the situation that my
partitions on the hd have disappeared. I think it is because I cleared
them with Plop, so no operating system to be found. I have had very
little time experimenting with this slow machine (yesterdayevening 1
hour, this morning 15 minutes). so please be patient. I hope tonight I
can tell you more.

Regards,

Arnold