[haiku-development] Re: Compositing window management

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:33:50 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Mark Watts <miraiwarren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I won't promise much since this is my first
> serious project, but I'll work on it at least until August.

Please try not to work on it in a vacuum. I think you'll find much
interest among other Haiku developers in this project, and probably
people who may like to help or work on it as well (like me.)

After a few good patches you could be considered for commit access,
though given that we shall soon be moving our source control to Git it
will no longer be as hard to maintain a branch or even your own repo
which those of us with interest could keep tabs on. But the less your
code remains isolated the better I think.

I've already talked with Stephan about my ideas for a Haiku animation
framework, which I may work on soon. It has some relation to this
(though it can likely be worked on pretty independently too.)

--
Regards,
Ryan