[haiku-development] Re: Compositing Performance Test (in theory)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:11:06 -0400

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Indeed, provided you have the RAM, it may be faster for most machines to run
> in compositing mode... though it will take some considerable time to come to
> maturity (I'm chasing down segment violations seemingly unrelated to my
> work, but it MUST be related in some way... gotta love it ;-).

Thanks for working on this. I know it has crossed my mind to tackle
it, but I don't have the time and neither the skills to do it (though
I guess I could learn.) I know Stephan has probably wanted to work on
this too and also lacks the time.

I think we open up so many nice (and modern) features by having a
compositing app_server, so this is very exciting!

--
Regards,
Ryan