[haiku-development] Re: Compositing Performance Test (in theory)

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:00:30 -0500

On 4/2/2012 19:47, Justin Stressman wrote:
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Justin Stressman<jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Average frame rate 55fps
Intel Core i7 965EE quad 3.2ghz, Radeon 4870x2 2GB
Looks to average around 30% usage on all cores while running.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/phreadom/haiku/screenshot2-comp.png

and the CPU usage graph if it helps... the jumps in it are from me
hitting the screenshot key. Otherwise it stays pretty steady.

Wow, that is an amazing result!  Makes me want to run native so bad!

Thank you for that, it is quite nice to see that the work will not be wasted ;-)

Indeed, provided you have the RAM, it may be faster for most machines to run in compositing mode... though it will take some considerable time to come to maturity (I'm chasing down segment violations seemingly unrelated to my work, but it MUST be related in some way... gotta love it ;-).

Thanks again!

--The loon