[haiku-development] Re: Compiling autotools

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:28:45 +0200

Hi Niels,

Am 06.04.2008 um 18:40 schrieb Niels Reedijk:

2008/4/6, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>:
With the development optional package I've successfully built Subversion
with shared libraries out-of-the-box. This did not work without major
hackery on BeOS.

Which version? Did it pass the test suite? If so, I hope you can make
a binary package out of it, and perhaps even become the maintainer of
this package.

I've joined BePorts by now but Real Life is keeping me busy...

My status yesterday was that I compiled apr, apr-util and subversion okay and checked whether .so files were built as well. To update and diff my apr etc. I needed neon, but Haiku crashed badly on me before I was finished. I'll need to check my working copies for any legacy diffs, update them to HEAD, regenerate configure and rebuild. When I have it working I have permission to upload patches, if any, to BePorts SVN. I haven't checked out the OpenSSL optional package yet, and I'd assume integrating that would be another prerequisite for providing a generally usable binary package. If I have that working I'd gladly provide it to someone for hosting and inclusion as optional package. About maintaining it I can't make promises.

Andreas