[haiku-development] Re: Compiling autotools

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 00:47:07 +0200

On 2008-04-06 at 19:28:45 [+0200], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx >
wrote:

I've joined BePorts by now but Real Life is keeping me busy...

My status yesterday was that I compiled apr, apr-util and subversion
okay and checked whether .so files were built as well. To update and
diff my apr etc. I needed neon, but Haiku crashed badly on me before I
was finished. I'll need to check my working copies for any legacy
diffs, update them to HEAD, regenerate configure and rebuild. When I
have it working I have permission to upload patches, if any, to
BePorts SVN. I haven't checked out the OpenSSL optional package yet,
and I'd assume integrating that would be another prerequisite for
providing a generally usable binary package. If I have that working
I'd gladly provide it to someone for hosting and inclusion as optional
package. About maintaining it I can't make promises.

I was planning to look into APR after OpenSSH. I think I've never published my patches for BeOS R5, which were rather big (about 100KB IIRC). From my experience back then I'd think the Haiku port would need a bit of patching too, or probably "unpatching" of the BeOS related changes. Anyway, if you
have patches ready and they pass the test suite (or there are good
explanations for the failing tests :-)), feel free to send them to me -- I
can check them in under buildtools/patches. Similarly for the optional
package: I can upload it to haiku-files.org and add the optional package to
the build system.

I made only minor changes to apr, mostly concerning function declarations (misc/unix/errorcodes.c, threadproc/beos/proc.c, network_io/beos/sendrecv.c); the rest of my patch is mainly silencing warnings in maintainer mode due to their ugly use of #if. apr's make check does not build due to an undefined reference to pthread_setconcurrency.
apr-util's make check crashes in the APR Queue Test.
I have had subversion 1.4.x branch running and successfully updating several http:-based repositories. Its make check (and auto* regeneration) requires Python though.

Is there any recipe for creating optional packages?

Andreas