[haiku-development] Re: Commit-access for Matt Madia

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:28:28 +0000

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:30, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010-02-25 at 00:27:24 [+0100], Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd like to propose commit access for Matt Madia.
>>
>> One of his recent scripts "installoptionalpackage" has made life a lot
>> easier for our Haiku Support Crew on IRC #haiku and in the forum. And I
>> like its high quality the sence of usability, code readability and usage
>> of system variables. Personally I have learned a lot by reviewing his
>> patches.
>
> I haven't taken the time to read the installoptionalpackage script yet, so
> I can't comment on that. Matt's other patches were pretty much exclusively
> build system related, so I guess I have read the majority of them. Most
> were smaller ones and none committed any atrocities. My general feeling
> regarding his jam related patches is that I'd prefer reviewing them,
> though. I think that leaves on the neutral side concerning the vote.

To be honest: while it would be a convenience to have commit access --
mainly to reduce the workload of committers who review & apply my
smaller patches, I do see and agree with Ingo's preference for my
meatier jam patches.

As for the attribution aspect, with every patch everyone does make an
effort to credit the patch author in the commit message.

--mmadia