[haiku-development] Re: CodyCam patch

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:31:23 +0100

Michael Kanis <mkanis@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 26.01.2009, 17:37 +0100 schrieb Stephan Assmus:
> > I've looked through your patch and it's pretty good. The reason for
> > these problems you mention is that you need to set a layout on the
> > window itself (like fWindow->SetLayout(new
> > BGroupLayout(B_HORIZONTAL))). Then you can create and add the
> > background view also by the means of the layout management and the
> > B_AUTO_UPDATE_SIZE_LIMITS flag, which you have correctly added, will
> > then do it's work. The problem here is that the layout hierarchy chain
> > is broken by adding the background view via the old API.
>
> I changed the patch according to your tips. I used a vertical GroupLayout
> for the window to add the menubar and the main BView with all the
> controls. However the vertical GroupLayout seems to be only vertically
> resizable. Now the window gets an absolut minimum in width, which is a
> bit to small, IMO.

Thanks a lot for the patch! I've also tried to wrestle a bit to make it use
any size, but now it's even fixed... :-) Maybe a bit more consistent than
allowing to resize vertical only. Hopefully I find some time later to look
into it again, or maybe you figure it out. Something is resulting in an
explicit maximum size perhaps.

I've changed the FTP/SFTP popup menu to integrate a little better, but the
problem you pointed out in the code is valid with regards to using a BView
as BBox label! Though I thought this was covered by a test somewhere... hm.
Need to look into that as well.

Anyways, thanks a lot again! Hope to see more from you! :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan

P.S. Sorry Francois, were you still building CodyCam on ZETA? Feel free to
add BeOS compatibility back via #define or something if you need it.