[haiku-development] Clean up the fonts folder

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 09:42:25 +0100

Hi there!

We have a few font packages now, and the fonts folder looks quite
messy. Some fonts are in

a) $fontsDir/
b) $fontsDir/{fontname}/
c) $fontsDir/ttfonts/
d) $fontsDir/ttfonts/{fontname}/

The reason might be only aesthetical, but I'd like us to come to a
guideline on how it's done right.

I propose c) (with the equivalent for psfonts). No font-named
subfolders. You see all your ttf fonts with all available styles in
one folder. Use Tracker's type-ahead-filtering to limit to all styles
of one font, or one style of all fonts...

Regards,
Humdinger

--
Did you know: