[haiku-development] Re: Clang and LLVM self hosting

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:11:15 +0200

Wow

Am 24.06.2010 15:10 schrieb "Paul Davey" <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>:

I am glad to announce that tonight I got clang to build LLVM and clang
on haiku :)
There are a few things that need to be fixed in haiku to allow this,
two are regarding headers
 and one is regarding the standard lib (libroot.so) not implementing a
needed C++ ABI function.
the latter can be worked around but putting -fno-use-cxa-atexit in
every clang++ invocation is tedious and
 should be unnecessary.

math.h must be changed to use __builtin_huge_valf() for gcc4 and clang
and fall back to the evil (read non-standards compliant) hack it uses
now only on gcc2.

the definition of ssize_t must be moved from gcc's stddef.h into
size_t.h in /boot/Develop/headers/posix

__cxa_atexit must be implemented in libroot.so

I shall try to build haiku with clang over the next few weeks.