[haiku-development] Re: Checking consistency of used strings

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:21:02 +0100

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Funnily that doesn't match what Koki's "authoritative references" say
> (the
> last word part). Not that Oxford is particularly American, but Random
> House
> seems to be. Which kind of supports the point of the Wikipedia article
> quoted (that there is no standard title case).

That there seems to be no official title case, doesn't seem to hinder
anyone using it.

> What were the arguments against sentence case again?

I only have one:
Consistency. Every application out there, and in our repository, uses
title case. All other operating systems (and thus all GUI applications
we may port, ie. Firefox, Qt apps, etc.) use title case.
Changing this for Haiku doesn't really make much sense to me, just for
the sake of it.

Bye,
   Axel.