[haiku-development] Re: Changing the Haiku-Files Image Size

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:32:18 +0200

Am 12.08.2008 um 10:34 schrieb Michael Lotz:

Currently the images that are generated are exactly 250MB in size.
This would theoretically fit nicely on a 256MB device, however from what I've seen this is not really the case. For one the devices marketed are mostly 250MB and not 256MB because of the 2^10 calculation and often there are just some MBs missing. [...] Therefore I propose the image size to be slightly reduced.

Speaking of image size, it defaults to 100 MB in lack of a UserBuildConfig. This leaves about less than 10 MB, which did not suffice for extracting a downloaded libiconv tarball (for reproducing #2584). Could we increase the default size in a similar spirit to something closer to 128 MB?

Andreas