[haiku-development] Re: Changeset 26974 (cdda)

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:29:44 -0500

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Fredrik Holmqvist
<fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Personally I'm all for removing it. We use mime-types and should just
> let those dinosaurs die for the benefit of humanity. (Or something to
> that extent.)
>
> We can't adapt every 'stupidity' that other OS'es have implemented.

The only potential issue I see with this is it's not just a question
of other operating systems. In the case of audio files in particular,
what if you're syncing them to a portable music player for instance?
I'm not sure if some of those aren't dependent on the TLAs. May not be
an issue, but food for thought anyways.

Regards,

Rene