[haiku-development] Re: Changeset 26974 (cdda)

  • From: "Craig Magina" <craig.magina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:55:39 -0400

I don't even think MS likes file extensions as they hide them
bydefault, but since they won't remove that functionality due to
legacy issues, it's going to be there as long as they keep moving the
Windows code base forward.  I'm just not a big fan of dragging legacy
design decisions into the way Haiku works within itself.  I'd rather
see Haiku make the right design decisions for it's internal usage, and
deal with other OS support in the external interfaces.  In this
particular instance, leaving the .wav at the end of the filename might
be the correct route because if I choose to then encode the wav file
into an mp3 file and want it to have the same name, not including file
extensions, how does the file system handle that?

Craig