[haiku-development] Re: Can't see contents on USB

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:10:17 +0200

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:56:15 +1200, James Kim wrote
> I am using VMWare Player to run Haiku on Ubuntu.
> I have updated Haiku to its latest revision. I have also mounted USB
> onto Haiku, so I can see the USB drive on the desktop. When I open it
> though, it does not display any files. The file system of my USB is
> FAT32. It was working about a week ago, but it is not working now. So
> any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

In general it's helpful to always include the exact revision number when
reporting issues. A bug that was most likely responsible for the issue you
mention was fixed in r27088, which is only about 35 hours old now. So
depending on how and when you updated you might not have gotten that fix yet.
If you are on revision 27088 or later and this still happens, please open a
bug report at http://dev.haiku-os.org/ so that this can be tracked more easily.

Regards
Michael