[haiku-development] Re: Can't get past the blue screen

  • From: "X512" <danger_mail@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 13:54:31 +1100

Dane <signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the past couple months (including the latest nightly > build), if
> I install Haiku to a clean partition and attempt > to boot to it...
>
> - The partition is identified as bootable and Haiku's > splash screen
> appears
> - Each of the circles light up just fine
> - The screen turns to a medium-blue color and a hand > pointer appears
> in the center
> - That's as far as it goes...it sits on that screen
>
> I'm guessing the fix is something simple, but so far I > haven't
> found it.  Suggestions?  What can I try?
>
> Dane
Can you move cursor?
Does Ctrl+Alt+Delete reboot system?

I saw something similar some time ago. Sometimes desktop appears, but
keyboard and mouse don't work. Sometimes only blue screen appears.
System is not hang because ProcessController replicant show CPU
activity. Ctrl+Alt+Delete invokes hard reboot.

For me replacing /boot/home/config/settings by default settings helps.