[haiku-development] Re: Can't get past the blue screen

  • From: Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems <signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 20:26:07 -0500

>> I can boot to it nicely using it right now, if I use Haiku version 44242.
>>
>> Dane
> did you recently change monitors ? the current nvidia drivers a re bit
> finicky about resolution
>
> Sean

Hi Sean,

I have, but the problem predates the change in monitors...I had it before too.
But your question got me thinking, I should try a different video card I have
here (another Nvidia, a 6200), just to see if it'd make a difference.  It
didn't change anything related to the blue screen freeze, but it did cause
Haiku to auto-detect the monitor, something the newer NVidia had never
successfully done, and display a correct screen resolution rather than a
stretched one, when I booted using safe mode.

BTW, dunno if this is related, but Haiku also freezes when I try to do a clean
shutdown, while asking processes to quit.  But I don't want to dilute this
thread with that, pretend I never said it.  :-)

Dane