[haiku-development] Re: Can we do better with messages that are dispatched by the menu window looper?

  • From: "X512" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "danger_mail" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 18:51:53 +0900

On 2020/03/03 18:37, Dario Casalinuovo wrote:

It's a BHandler but this handler is attached to the window where the menu view is draw.

The looper/window we are discussing about is an internal window used to draw the menu that is stealing the messages due to being focus.
BMenu is a BView that is attached to internal window when displayed except for BMenuBar. It should be possible to receive messages targeted to internal window by BMenu message filter. It is not required to attach message filter to internal window directly.