[haiku-development] Re: Calling pthread_join on a detached pthread

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 11:57:08 -0400

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Jason Whitehorn
<jason.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do understand and appreciate the stance of saying "your program's busted"
> in this case. No need for Haiku to program around a busted program. I
> completely agree.
>
> Thank you all for your time.

I do want to say that we welcome these sort of discussions, bug
reports, and patches, even if in the end the current code is OK. So I
don't want you to feel discouraged! In fact checking low-level things
like this is especially valuable since not many people can work at
that level.

In fact I'm sure there are plenty more bugs where your eye and skills
could be useful, so please keep looking around and testing things in
Haiku!

--
Regards,
Ryan