[haiku-development] Re: Calling pthread_join on a detached pthread

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 21:15:09 +0200

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 11:55:23 -0500 Jason Whitehorn <jason.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > I have imported the last version of the POSIX test suite into our
> > repository [1] and removed several tests that aren't useful and updated
> > few others. Ideally we would update and extend that test suite to be up
> > date and complete with respect to the current standard.
>
> In regards to ticket #61, is this the test suite that was mentioned?

Yep.

> Are
> there any specific aspect of this test suite that might need some
> attention?

Back then I got the signal and timer tests to pass. Other than that there's a
lot that hasn't been looked at, I guess. There are quite a few tests that
simply won't work because Haiku is missing the functionality yet (e.g.
asynchronous I/O comes to mind). A good idea would be to catalog what tests are
failing and why. If functionality is missing an enhancement ticket should be
filed. If the functionality is there, but the test still fails, the cause
should be determined. It might be a bug in Haiku (=> ticket or bug fix) or a
bug in the test respectively the test being outdated (=> fix/update/removal of
the test).

> I am more than happy to get my hands dirty and try and help in
> this regard.

That's much appreciated.

CU, Ingo