[haiku-development] Re: Calling all Radeon HD testers!

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:01:38 -0500

On Wed, 18 May 2011 17:28:52 -0500, Joseph Groover wrote:
Okay, got some interesting results...

Booting from your CD, live, with two monitors attached via DVI:

eek!  haven't even begun thinking about dual screens yet :)

Primary monitor comes alive with a heavily distorted image ( like
interleaved on both planes, if that makes sense ).  The resolution
seems to be extremely wide judging by the amount of mouse movement to
go from one side of the screen to another.

This probably means we set the mode for the frame buffer but didn't
actually get the card to send the right frequencies out.

I was able to attempt to launch the Screen preflet bad got a
B_BAD_PORT error.

Maybe has to do with multiple moniors.

So I disconnected the primary monitor with power off, powered on and
then booted from CD. Secondary monitor lost signal, but system seemed
responsive.  Connecting the primary monitor showed no signal.

Powered off again, switched monitors - connected primary,
disconnected secondary.

Primary monitor showed only a white image, but the system was
apparently responsive.

No clue what this means, I saw it on my early testing. Maybe the opposite
of the first error? (frame buffer not initialized properly but the
mode changed)

At that point I gave up, reconnect both monitors, and wrote an
e-mail... then it was now, then I don't know what happened...

Thanks for your hard work!  The registers for earlier Radeon HD cards
differ from the later Radeon HD cards, so the Radeon r6xx chipsets will
probably work *a lot* better as they are a little simpler to work with.

Thanks!
  -- Alex