[haiku-development] Calling all Radeon HD testers!

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:48:24 -0500

My dev box blew a psu last night, and I am about 50%/50% sure I got mode setting working in the radeon_hd driver this afternoon. I have replacement parts in the mail but need a few testers with Radeon HD cards (Radeon HD 2350 - 59xx)

I am pretty sure things are at least working in some regard as the AMD SimNow emulator is now setting video modes for its emulated Radeon 3870 like a champ...

http://twitpic.com/4zdwry
http://twitpic.com/4zdxz9
http://twitpic.com/4zdxit

Here is what I need:
 Email *me*:
  Your Radeon HD card model.
  The boot results.
     Are all the mode lines listed in the screen preflet?
     Was the screen just white/black on boot?
     Did you get a KDL? (if so, output of bt please!)
  The output of cat /var/log/syslog | grep radeon

I have a Ha*ku gcc4 iso (unofficial!) here with the radeon_hd compiled in here:
  https://ssl.unixzen.com/haiku-cd.iso

Thanks!
 -- Alex