[haiku-development] Re: Call for help: FAT file system module

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:16:14 -0500

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PHilip RUshik wrote:
>
>> I also have a problem with a CD. Most CDs work fine, but I have one CD
>> (confidential company stuff that I can't talk about) that doesn't mount
>> correctly. When I open the mount menu, it shows up 5-6 times (all
>> identical). I can mount them all separately with no problems and when I open
>> them, they all point to the same place and I can access all the files on the
>> CD, but when I try to unmount, the first 1 or 2 unmount correctly, but then
>> after that if I try to unmount any more, I get kicked out to the kernel
>> debugger.
>>

> Is that a "multi-session" CD?  That is, a CD-R disk which had data written
> to it at different times.  I've seen the same thing with multi-session CD's.
>  I believe that each session shows up as an separate entry in the mount
> menu.
>
> -- Gerald

Ah, now that would make perfect sense. It's quite possible, although I can't
be sure. It was a CD made by my boss, it contains encryption keys and tools
used for manipulating our company's product, so its quite possible he added
them at different times since they were all generated months apart. Thanks
for the explanation, probably a good thing I didn't write a bug ticket on
it.

 -PHil