[haiku-development] Re: Call for HVIF Overlay_Default/Checkmark vector icon

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:28:34 -0500

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Philippe Houdoin
<philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Our Printers preferences app still use a raster icon for the checkmark
> overlay displayed over the default printer icon.
> And, so far, we don't have any Overlay_Default or Overlay_Checkmark
> vector icons yet under data/artwork/icons/ that I could use to replace
> it.
>
> Does someone feel in the mood and will to contribute one?
> It should *not* follow the 3D design of the BeOS checkmark overlay, au
> contraire, our icon guidelines stays that overlay icons should be pure
> 2D.
> I'm not necessarily found on the red check mark too,
> First because there's no one anymore in Haiku, contrary to BeOS which
> use it for pratically every preferences apps's icons.
> And second because the "default" concept is not exposed by a check mark.
> But, please, don't use this second point to ask me how to expose
> "default" semantic visually, 'cause I dunno :-)
>
> Anyway, vector icons gurus, we need your help. Again.
>
> Bye,
>  Philippe.

For anyone who is curious to what icon Philippe is talking about there
is a screenshot of the Printer Preference app including the
aforementioned checkbox here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/haiku-gallery/2266694982/

Finding a BeOS Printer Preferences screenshot has proven to be more difficult.

John Scipione