[haiku-development] Re: Calculate time in minutes

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 05:13:12 -0500

On Dec 4, 2012, at 1:33 AM, Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2012/12/4 John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> The way I understand it from the code, audio files are meant to go on the
>> left list. BurnItNow may be either too strict or things have changed but I
>> removed > one of the constraints of adding audio files to the left list,
>> something about raw type and that allowed me to add the wav files.
>
> I guess that you have modified LeftList.cpp: can you link this
> modified version? :-)

I'm sorry you are going to have to wait until I am in front of my computer
again for me to be able to produce the exact change I made.

If you are impatient the change I made was inside the condition of an if
statement which prompts an alert stating that the file they are trying to drop
into the left column must be a 16-bit stereo 41000hz raw audio format file.

You need to remove the part that requires raw audio and then you'll be able to
input wav files, at least 41000hz 16-bit stereo wav files.

As an aside, requiring the user to provide a specific audio format for an audio
cd is not a very user friendly design. The proper solution is to allow any
audio file and then use a translator to convert those files into 41000hz 16-bit
raw audio (or whatever format you need) before performing the burn.