[haiku-development] CMedia driver

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 19:45:03 +1000

Spent a couple of days debugging the CMedia CMPCI driver, mainly because I happen to have a card based on the CM8738A chip.

First task was to enable debugging and see what was actually going on. It turns out that the driver failed while trying to load the driver at /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/generic/gameport which hasn't yet been implemented.

So I commented all that stuff out and tried again, recompiling without joy.c and midi.c ... here's the result:

KERN: cmpci: init_hardware()
KERN: cmpci: init_driver()
KERN: cmpci: setup_cmpci(0x857b87c0)
KERN: cmpci: allocating new low area
KERN: B_LOMEM/SLOWMEM is not yet supported!
KERN: cmpci: create_area(8000) returned 25ae logical 0x857b9000
KERN: cmpci: physical 0x1317a000
KERN: cmpci: failed to create low_mem area
KERN: Setup of C-Media 1 failed
KERN: cmpci: no suitable cards found

Oops, looks like we need some kernel support for ISA memory here.

Rob