[haiku-development] CIA - the future of our stats, OpenBeOS vs Haiku

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 17:35:06 -0700

I know this has probably been brought up in the past... but Haiku's
CIA project name is still OpenBeOS, which obviously is not ideal.

It seems renaming an existing project isn't exactly a simple task,
which is why we have been turned down previously when asking to do
that. It would also be nice to keep any OpenBeOS-based links intact
while moving to a new project name instead.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to switch over to a new project
name "Haiku" at the same time that we finally decide on a new VCS
(assuming that happens ;).

There may be a possibility that if we create a new project called
"Haiku" and start using that, I can convince someone from the CIA team
to help us copy the "OpenBeOS" history to the new "Haiku" project.

How's that sound?

- Urias