[haiku-development] Re: CIA down indefinitely

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:16:48 +0000

On Thursday, May 12, 2011, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Star's seed <starsseed@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Don't we already have http://dev.haiku-os.org/timeline ?
>> It works in a browser and it can be used to feed a RSS-Reader.

> BTW, it seems Build-O-Matic was written to use the cia.vc RSS (because
> it was easier to parse than Trac's?) - so I guess BOM might be "down
> indefinitely" as well.

At one point, I was able to parse trac's rss feeds. Though, I needed
to change trac's rss behavior to be extremely verbose, even on the
timeline page.

Luckily, I did code a rough fallback for when CIA.vc is down --
basically perform a checkout and examine the output for updated (and
maybe even modified) files. It's not ideal, but BOM is limping along.
I'll need to check, but the fallback solution may have a bug in it,
which causes the crosstools to be rebuilt on every cycle.

http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/haikubuildomatic/repository/entry/branches/rewrite2/utility/repository/cia.py

Yes, his is the current code.  IIRC, the ReadKe files in the nightly
archives include information about BOM, where the source was pulled
from, it's revision and build commands

This, combined with the VCS discussion, may provide the incentive to
get BuildBot running. One of my classes ends next week, which wil free
up some time.

--mmadia