[haiku-development] Re: Busted!

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 07:00:30 +1000

Marcus Overhagen wrote:
Rob Judd schrieb:

until these issues are resolved. But the conclusion is that the build (meaning complete cycle of build/install/test) has been broken for 8 days unless you have the time and inclination - and believe me, I won't
Thats your own definition of "broken build". The build is not broken as
long as it builds. It's as simple as that.

Semantics. A build is broken if it doesn't install and work at least as well as the last one, anything else is shirking responsibility for your changes to the code.

have the latter much longer - to fix it. In fact it would be easier to branch the code and finish the OS myself than mess around further with what's being produced.
Thats a very serious insult against all other developers. Obviously you are not trying to make friends here.

If you've read my interview on http://www.haikuware.com then you should know what I think of the developers. That's not what I'm implying here.

The OS is complete enough for my uses already, and if everything worked as it should then I'd be very happy indeed. What else it needs wouldn't take much work. Maybe fixing FAT32 support and USB, that's about it. Everything else is there, or can be easily added or built.

Rob