[haiku-development] Re: Building on Haiku fails with "no space left on device" on iconv.o

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:48:04 +0200

Mark Watts <miraiwarren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When building haiku-r42201 on haiku-r41884 building fails on iconv.o
> with: "cpp0: /tmp/xxxxxxxx.i: No space left on device"
> I'm fairly certain there's plenty of space left on my hdd so what
> might be the problem? Note: I'm building on a larger disk right now
> see if it works.

"df" in a Terminal will tell you how much free space is left on each
mounted volume. /tmp is on the boot volume, so that is what counts for
this particular thing.
If that is the problem, you could change the /tmp symlink to someplace
else, or you might want to use the --use-gcc-pipe option of the
configure script which should reduce the temp usage.

Bye,
   Axel.