[haiku-development] BuildSystem: Automatically creating symlinks in GCC Alt Dir.

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:56:27 +0000

From :
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-commits/r36431-haikutrunkbuildjam,5

This wip patch allows build/jam/OptionalPackages to denote "this
archive can be used on either gcc." and for that to trigger the
automatic creation of symlinks in the alt gcc subdir,  (eg
boot/common/lib/gcc4).

So far it's working for archives that get extracted onto the image.
One issue is that packages like XML contain *.so | *.so.* in odd
directories, such as common/lib/python2.6/site-packages/libxml2mod.so.
These too will have symlinks created in an alt gcc subdir.
More importantly, OptionalPackages that set the isCDPackage are not
yet handled. This latter part is where I could use some feedback.

I'm not sure if it'd be better to implement addSymlinksForCDPackage()
in build_haiku_image, which creates a listing of files in the archive
or if Installer's UnzipEngine should be enhanced.

--mmadia