[haiku-development] Re: Booting from USB

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:16:52 -0700

Oh, another question while I'm at it... [I have a bunch more, resulting
from obstacles that hit me over the weekend, but I'll defer them until
my brain has stopped buzzing a bit... (:-/)]

For the USB-sticks that I *can* boot, I find that I can do this on my
main machine, that has a BIOS boot menu as well, but not on the old
ThinkPad, that doesn't. (This is from the Haiku MBR boot manager.)

Do I assume from this that the Haiku MBR requires support from the
BIOS? I'd guess this is the case.  Or am I missing something again?

        -- Pete --