[haiku-development] Booting Haiku on a MacBook Pro

  • From: Akshay Jaggi <akshay1994.leo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 12:25:54 +0530

Hello Everyone!
        Booting up Haiku on a MacBook, I see that our XHCI driver is unable to
find/start the appropriate PCI device, even though it is present. An issue
mentioned in the FreeBSD sources is what I guess is behind this issue.

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/i386/i386/machdep.c?v=FREEBSD10#L265

Quoting -
          * On MacBooks, we need to disallow the legacy USB circuit to
          * generate an SMI# because this can cause several problems,
          * namely: incorrect CPU frequency detection and failure to
          * start the APs.
          * We do this by disabling a bit in the SMI_EN (SMI Control and
          * Enable register) of the Intel ICH LPC Interface Bridge.
I tried looking at the code, but couldn’t get too far. So, I thought bringing
this to someone else’s notice would be the best bet at it.

Thanks

Akshay Jaggi