[haiku-development] Blog Posting Permission?

  • From: "Michael Crawford" <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 07:34:00 -0700

Hey There,

I'd like to post a blog from my account on the Haiku website, but it
says I don't have permission.  I couldn't find any way to request it -
could someone grant it to me?  I promise not to post too many \/14gr4
links.  My account is "Michael Crawford":

http://www.haiku-os.org/user/michael_crawford

Thanks!

I still haven't installed either Haiku or BeOS, but I'm working on it.
 I had no room on any of my hard drives, and didn't want to buy
another, so I'm going through ALL my drives to tidy them up: deleting
stuff I don't need, backing up *everything* I do want to keep - I
hadn't done a full backup since 2000! - and deleting stuff that I do
want to keep, but don't need online, after I've backed it up.

A word of advice: BEFORE "tidying up" a hard drive that's been in use
for a while, do a file system consistency check!  After an entire day
of working on a 160 GB drive, I discovered it to be *massively*
corrupted.  It took another whole day to recover my data - fortunately
I didn't lose anything important, but only because I had some previous
backups.

I'm pretty sure the drive was mildly corrupted before I started
tidying, but all the filesystem activity I subjected it to transformed
a small problem into a great big one.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
        --- Free Compact Disc ---