[haiku-development] Blockers for alpha2 release

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:09:18 +0200

Hi guys,

We don't really have discussed how to handle blocker bugs/tickets for
the release.

Have a look at http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha2/StatusAndCoordination
for a clickable list.

There currently is one critical issue:
#5899 - mail sends repeatedly forever, despite getting through - owner: bga

There are five high priority issues:
#4050 - ATA driver cannot recognize 2nd HDD - nobody
#4157 - File Descriptor Disconnect Handling Broken - axeld
#5530 - [intel_extreme] Very old and ignored bug with 82945G/GZ
Integrated Graphics Controller, having some duplicates - axeld
#5752 - Network connection for broadcom570x fails to start after boot - mmlr
#5847 - bug of display web site - axeld

I suggested the previous release round that tickets with blocker
priority (0 tickets) should be resolved, critical should be evaluated
(1 ticket) whether or not they block the release and high priority
issues will not delay the release. That means that before the tagging
point only #5899 should be evaluated. The other tickets (if not
closed) will migrate to the next milestone after we release (no manual
work needed!)