[haiku-development] Re: Better zip file handling - Was: alpha release window ?

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:04:31 -0700

2009/8/10 Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Perhaps add an entry to the .OptionalPackageDescription
>> file, listing the intended destination and then add the
>> logic to have Expander check it and if found, use that
>> for the defaulting location...
>
> I had that file in mind. I assumed its presence meant
> "expand to /boot" - since all the optional packages I
> remember trying had a path relative to /boot - and that
> there'd be no need to state an intended destination with
> the current set of packages.
>
> /Jonas.

Perhaps "/boot" could be the default, but it could be overridden by an
"InstallLocation:" line or something like that.
BePDF and BeZilla and perhaps some others install to /boot/apps, this
is handled while building, but if Expander was expanded upon to read
the .OPD file it could handle putting the default dir in for the user.

-scottmc