[haiku-development] Re: Beta1 and R1 release plan

  • From: "Andrew Hudson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hudsonco1@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 15:06:55 -0500

>Adrien wrote:
>It could, but Linux already does. We would need a lot of work to catchup
>with Linux on this (writing drivers for GPIO/SPI/etc...) and while the Haiku
>OS (or parts of it) might be technically appropriate, it is still out of
>scope for the Haiku project to work on this. Let's get it running as a
>Desktop OS first before we start attacking other markets?

What if we scoped the work needed to be done for this, and requested
development work from outside our current developer pool?
There must be a lot of developers who are buying these boards, some of them
would have the time and skills. We could make
this request directly to the manufacturer, who could publicize for us.
Thanks,
Andrew